Thursday, February 18, 2010

So. I have this issue with blogging.

I started a blog so that I could take the things that run through my head and get them out. I have a lot of interesting thoughts that consume a lot of my time. I wouldn't be thinking about things if they weren't interesting. I figured that when I get a blog, I'd be writing all the time, because I'm thinking all the time. My thoughts can entertain me endlessly. I don't get lonely, because I can just let my brain wander, and it occupies me. I come up with great blog ideas all the time. Really, I do. But I don't blog much at all. So I started thinking about this and I realized that (for the most part) it's because I like to keep what I think to myself. Don't get me wrong; I really enjoy talking to people, but I'm not exactly a big fan of taking what I think and sharing it with just anybody who has access to the world wide web and the skills to find my blog. The problem, I think, is feedback. When people just read my blog (and don't comment) I have absolutely no idea what they think about me or what I have to say. I don't mind sharing my thoughts with somebody in person who asks what I'm thinking about and will listen and respond. I'll tell pretty much anyone pretty much anything as long as I feel like they're interested. With blogging, though, I have no idea who is interested in what, so I don't really like sharing. Even as I write this, I keep thinking about just discarding it and keeping these thoughts to myself too. But I won't. Obviously. Or you wouldn't have read this far.

I think that's all... I just find it odd.
And now I want to take a nap even though it's only about noon and I slept well over 8 hours last night...