Monday, January 3, 2011

3 - my heart on the line


My heart is on the line in two ways.
The first reason my heart is on the line here is because it's hard for me to say the things I'm about to say, especially since my dad will probably read them. However, I feel these things are very, very important, and I have to say them.
The second reason my heart is on the line is because my heart literally - physically - is on the line, and the physical aspect of that truth is represented in this photo.
My dad and his family have a bit of a history when it comes to heart disease. I have a whole lot of heart metaphorically speaking, but it's likely that I have a weak heart genetically.
When I spend time with my dad, particularly when there's a lot of physical activity involved, I can see how much his poor heart health holds him back, even from things he likes to do.
I don't want to have to deal with this as I grow older.
The responsibility to take care of my body and my heart is solely mine. It's time that I take this seriously and work to improve my own heart health.
I plan to focus on eating healthy and exercising like I should.
This isn't a New Year's resolution, or I would have talked about it on January 1st. This is my life.
This is my heart on the line.

1 comment:

Cecilly said...

beautiful. love you and your whole heart!