Friday, January 22, 2010

The first thing I'd like to say is that now I understand why Lisa blogs when she wants to put off studying. I've never actually studied for real much... So I'm really just now discovering that when you actually study, you actually need study breaks.
Now for one of my latest dilemmas. I had to write a journal for technical communications, and in the assignment, it indicates that my first paragraph is to be a summary of the short story I had to read. A summary... I've spent the past five years or so getting pounded with anti-summary demands. I feel a little... shocked. I sat for so long with ms word open - trying to type - and I couldn't seem to write a summary knowing that I was about to analyze the story. It just seemed so wrong. No worries. I got it done.
Now I'm just trying to catch up in... well... all my classes except tech. comm. I don't know why school is so hard. I mean, I guess if it was easy we wouldn't learn anything. But still. It's hard.
I've been in a rather dreadful mood since Sunday night. I played basketball - lots of running - and I'm not sure if you're aware, but I hurt my knee at the end of December. Running seems to irritate it, and I think that might be partly why I'm grouchy. It hurts pretty bad, so walking or riding my bike also can cause pain. Whatever though. I'm sure I'll be fine. I just wish I could be in a good mood again though. I don't really know how to fix it.

No comments: